Tuesday, March 15, 2005

the Mountain

My favorite Seattle radio station, 103.7 The Mountain, is now broadcasting online! The weekday 5:00 Attitude Adjustment Hour was one of my favorite times to listen, especially the different 5:20 funny comedian pieces that DJ Marty Riemer played. My English teacher friend Tim (from a different district won tickets once for a Mountain Music Lounge lunch concert w/ Jon Hiatt. He invited me to come along, so we both took a "sick day" (on account of our mental health) and had one great day in Seattle.

Another great online option is 95.3 FM KYRS - Thin Air Community Radio in Spokane. Every Sunday evening at 8:00 their "Spokane Open Poetry" show features a local Spokane poet. MFA poet friends of mine have been featured and I'll be reading this week.

No comments: