Monday, May 16, 2005

raining again today

This weekend saw unusual amounts of hard rain...and I mean really hard rain, just pouring, which rarely happens here. So it's condusive for reading inside, going to the mall and doing registry stuff, working on a book of poems, reading books of poems.

I've seen only glimpses of the Spokane Falls while driving over the Maple Street bridge. The speed limit is 40 mph on the bridge, but I steal glances to the right to see them crashing just near the Monroe Street bridge. I'm very excited for that bridge to be done with its renovation project. It's been going on since the very first time I scoped out Spokane in July of 2003. So, the river is high, the falls are powerful, the drought conditions are not so bad anymore ... waterskiing conditions this summer should be good.

No comments: