Sunday, October 02, 2005

back to poetry

age: 30 years, 10 months
significant life event: got married
next significant event: changed my last name, made maiden name my new middle name

I like the physical name change which corresponds with the life-circumstance transition. Not only am I learning to live with my new husband, but learning more about the way his analytical-science mind thinks. Learning how to be a more patient and selfless person. Learning how to love him better each day.

Not much poetry being written these days. Notes in my head. Ideas. Images.

I'm working full-time as a Technical Writer right now. At least that is one aspect of my job. I review (proofread/edit) background investigation reports on subjects seeking access authorization to privately-owned (corporate) nuclear power plants. I train the investigators on how to write succint, logical, and organized investigation notes, how to follow procedures, etc. I write the procedures, actually. Sometimes I do some investigating as well. Despite working long hours each week lately, I have had some time to read. Especially today while my husband was flyfishing in Montana with his father. (Think River Runs Through It.)

On the nightstand bookshelf:
Anne Sexton: A Biography, by Diane Wood Middlebrook
Poetry and Ambition: Essays 1982-88, Donald Hall

and Jeremy's back....with a picture of my dad, Chico (the family chihuahua), and me (see Sept. 19th post).

....one last thing...Rebecca, in Colorado, are you reading this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea I'm reading this! Your blog makes me jealous!