Thursday, February 22, 2007

survey

Questions care of the Brotherhood.

1. Your name: Amy (but my writer pseudonym, should it ever be necessary to use, is Marie Hatch)

2. Your Web page: this blog, but I've also made a MySpace page for my hip biz mag.

3. What have you been up to this past year (please be as detailed as possible, because we actually want to know)? Freelance writing, bought a house (w/ my husband), moved, became a mag editor, went on four backpacking trips, wine tasting, and got an adjunct teaching position at a local college.

4. How much longer do you think you’ll be doing what you’re doing?
Until I have my first child, then I'll probably do more freelance writing from home and scale some of the "out of the house" commitments (like teaching, perhaps). And less wine drinking while pregnant and breast feeding, of course.

5. Why are you doing it? Because I love to write and enjoy college-aged students. (Currently, I'm teaching Technical Writing.) I really, really enjoy getting paid to be a writer. And I really enjoy the flexibility and freedom of my daily tasks.

6. What do you want to be doing? Writing more poetry.

7. What’s next in your life? Getting poetry published and someday a book -- either poetry or non-fiction, or a mystery novel (still in the works).

8. How You Doin’? Super Cool (pronounced really fast as "Ssshuper-cool"). It's currently snowing in Spokane; although not sticking to the ground. Pretty.

9. What’s the best book you read this year? Citizen Vince. But I'm currently reading like 4 other books with another 5 from the library so I'm feeling like I need a "book retreat" to get caught up.

10. Describe a perfect day? Sleeping in until about 8:30, breakfast of French Toast, power ski day with my husband and fresh tracks, sunny weather and my fingers and toes are constantly warm, sushi for lunch, hot bubble bath, wine and some delicious garlic prawn dish for dinner, followed by at least an hour of lovemaking.

11. Assuming that all things come to an end…how do you think humans will go extinct? By not recycling.

12. How are you feeling about kids these days? Very optimistic.

13. (- In this space, compose your own question, and answer it -) Favorite color and why? Green, from forest green to lime green. I love every shade, which I think is connected to the earthy hues of nature -- trees, grass, etc.

14. Ambrozzo tastes better than anything else, what does ambrozzo taste like? Kahlua.

15. If you were a cliché, what cliché would you be? Student is an asset to the class.

16. What is your least favorite part of any given day? Getting out of bed (if it's before 8:30/9 a.m.)

17. Do you enjoy science fiction? No. Never have.

18. Cheese or Chocolate? Chocolate. (As in cranberry, white chocolate scones!)

19. Where would you live if you could live anywhere? Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland (in the Alps), or Munich, Germany, or New Zealand, or Bellingham, Washington. (Not necessarily in this order)

20. What was your first concert? Donnie and Marie Osmond at the Puyallup State Fair. (My parents took me and I came "this close" to shaking Marie's hand!)

21. If you could start a business that would be instantly successful, what kind of business would it be? Poetry On Demand.

22. Invisibility or Time Travel? Time Travel - I'd go back to my elementary or 7th grade self and give her a pep talk.

23. What’s wrong with the world? Too many people who are selfish, unforgiving, and lack compassion...and who drive SUVs.

No comments: