Tuesday, June 07, 2005

comments, please?

...if you're stopping by...won't you? You don't have to...but I see my stats and kind of wonder who actually stops and reads (since there are 311 unique visitors so far)...what do you think about what you read here? Would you come back again? (Some of you do.)

So, if you are not too shy, please comment on something you like, offer some insight or advice, book recommendations, etc. Since I'll soon be a post-MFA student, the content will be changing slightly...if you are a fellow writer, please tell me what you do to keep yourself accountable, motivated, inspired...what works and doesn't work for you; what are your favorite literary websites and journals; what are you reading; where are you submitting work; where are you being published, and so on...

After I find a new place to live, I'm going to start sending out poems (or at least get the submission packets ready to send out in the fall) to literary magazines. First on my list are: Prairie Schooner, Artful Dodge, Denver Colorado, and Colorado Review. (subject to change, of course)

Today I made final changes to my thesis manuscript. Rearranged the order of contents a little bit, revised a line here and there, took out 2 poems that I feel need more revision still and feel disconnected from the rest of the manuscript because of their need to be polished just a bit more. I'm heading out soon to the Spokane Center's computer lab to use their laser printer, then will take my required 4 copies (for binding) to the Graduate Studies Office in Cheney tomorrow morning.

Then...I have some Willow Springs submissions to read and turn into the editors. Then...I will be completely done with all of the requirements for the completion of my Masters of Fine Arts degree. Whoo-hoo!

This weekend:
* MFA graduate reading this Friday night at Center Stage
* Graduate Commencement, Saturday afternoon in Cheney . . . Jonathan is "hooding us"

No comments: